Saturday, September 05, 2009
I updated to Snow Leopard yesterday morning. When I went to blog last night, my blogging software wouldn't open. I just didn't want to deal with it. And the version of Aperture I'm using doesn't work now either. I will have to upgrade that today. Snow Leopard was only $35, but the Aperture upgrade is $99. I would have upgraded eventually, but now I'm forced to do it if I want to handle my blog photos the way I want to. I just downloaded the new version of RapidWeaver and so far so good. This toolbox has found a new home. It is strong and heavy and was made by a family friend eons ago. It came to me when he passed away and I used it to store a few things, but even though I'm fairly strong, I don't want to strain my arms and shoulders. This thing weighs a ton even when it's empty. Here are a couple of photos of the new shed. We are still moving things in. (The roof peak behind the shed is the neighbour's garage.)
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
This was in the shed. It went off to metal recycling with a few other things. Must have weighed 15 pounds. One of those things that ends up in a shed, me thinking someday I’ll find a use for it. I had it out on the street for a few days, but no one took it. Here’s another photo of my crew doing the demo.
Friday, August 21, 2009
I know I didn’t post yesterday. Was busy finishing the removal of stuff from two sheds, phoning with the builders of the new shed, and trying to get some work done. Today a three-person crew came to demolish the sheds and take as much as possible to the big wood chipper at the dump, and the rest, well, I’ll have to ask forgiveness for generating some trash. Ever since Christmas Day, when the roof of the big shed collapsed under the weight of uncharacteristically heavy snowfall, there has been a tarp over the big shed and it has not been safe. Having to take everything out, starting with some stuff that was ruined after getting wet in the collapse, has been a good exercise for me. I’ve always kept odd pieces of wood and metal and tiles and windows and screens and pots and containers and so on. After storing these sorts of things for 10 years and not ever using them, it was time for them to go. Some things went earlier and have shown up in previous posts. There will be more posts to come. Here are before and after photos of the shed. A pair of rubber boots went to one of the guys tearing things down. The new shed is being built at the end of next week. We tore down two sheds but are only rebuilding one, and at a smaller size than the larger one we used to have. I think we’ll do fine with less space. It will be dry and rat proof. Yippee!